Quinn Contracting has both indoor facilities and temporary structures available for fabrication services; shop services are available at strategic locations, near most existing plant sites. Quinn offers a wide variety of tools and heavy equipment to get the job done.
With three permanent facilities located in Blackfalds, Bonnyville and Rocky Mountain House, our fabrication shops are suited to adapt to a wide range of scopes of work.
Our Blackfalds facility is a 3,500 sq. ft. shop that sits on five acres and houses a 5 ton overhead crane and two overhead access doors. The shop has fabrication space for four welders capable of producing up to 2,000 inches of welding per week with the ability to add four to six additional welders outdoors. Rocky Mountain House offers 2,000 sq. ft. of fabrication space combined with a 2 ton overhead crane and an extensive list of tools and equipment. Our Bonnyville facility offers 6,400 sq. ft. of fabrication space complete with a 10 ton overhead crane. The shop sits on approximately five acres of yard space that can be utilized for outdoor fabrication to increase productivity as needed. This shop also has the capacity to fabricate stainless and carbon steel projects at the same time as separate fabrication areas are used for stainless steel to avoid contamination.
Quinn is certified to perform the following work according to the following certifications:
STRUCTURAL AND PRESSURE WORK
- CWB to CSA W471. Division II
- ASBA – AQP 1614
- ASBA – AOQP 7238
- Welding Procedure Registration No. 464.2
CONSTRUCTION, REPAIRS AND ALTERATIONS
- ASME Sec VIII Div.1 Pressure Vessels
- ASME B31.1 Power Piping
- ASME B31.1 Boiler External Piping
- ASME B31.3 Process Piping
- ASME B31.9 Building Services Piping
- Indirect Fired Heater Coils
- CSA Z662 Above Ground Steam Pipelines
- CSA B51 Category “H” Fittings
- Installation and Assemble ASME Sec I Power Boilers
REPAIRS AND ALTERATIONS
- ASME Sec VIII-1 Pressure Vessels
- ASME Sec I Power Boilers
- ASME Sec IV Heating Boilers
- ASME Section I, API 530 and ASME B31.3 Fired Heaters
- CSA B51 Category ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’, ‘D’, ‘E’, ‘F’ & ‘H’ fittings
Quinn Contracting Ltd. also has Quality Control programs registered in the following Jurisdictions:
British Columbia – Technical Safety British Columbia
- BC – Class “A” Contractor Licence #LBP0204896
- BC Certificate of Recognition – CR-46 to perform performance qualification testing of pressure welders
Manitoba – Inspection and Technical Services Manitoba (ITSM) Office of the Fire Commissioner
- Certificate of Authorization MB-16-003
Saskatchewan – Technical Safety Authority of Saskatchewan (TSASK)
- QCP Certificate & Contractor’s Licence #0672
Quinn Contracting Ltd. is also certified to conduct welder performance qualification testing using our in house Welding Examiners. Quinn maintains a large volume of welding procedures to weld a wide variety of materials for our clients using a wide variety of processes; we are able to weld carbon steels, chrome moly materials, CSA materials, stainless, duplex and superduplex stainless steels.
CANADIAN WELDING BUREAU
Quinn Contracting Ltd. is certified by the Canadian Welding Bureau as a Division II company under CSA W 47.1 for the fusion welding of structural steel. Quinn maintains welding procedures and data sheets to weld structural steel using the SMAW, FCAW, and GMAW processes for our clients. Structural welding is performed under the Quinn Quality program and all structural projects are inspected and turnover documentation is provided to our clients.